Why You Should Participate
Some of the unique attractions offered by the fair include the following:
- Enugu the home territory of the Organizers of the Fair is the political Capital of the nine states that make up the former Eastern Nigeria. This area has the biggest market in West Africa comprising two industrial/commercial complexes. Onitsha/Nnewi and Aba/Port Harcourt with the nation's first and Export Processing Zone (EPZ) located in the area. The Enugu EPZ would soon come upstream while 60% of the oil, gas, chemical and petro¬chemical industries, and 35% of all privately owned industries in Nigeria are located within the territory.
The region's 55 million people or 28% of Nigeria's population accounts for 36% of trade in the territory which is currently at about 16.2billion. The Enugu International Trade Fair remains the major GATEWAY to this vast market, as the 9 states in the region are within the catchment area of the Enugu International Trade Fair. The Fair thus guarantees you the BIGGEST AND VERY VIBRANT MARKET for business in West Africa.
- The organizers of the Fair, Enugu Chamber of Commerce, is the oldest Chamber of Commerce in Eastern Nigeria and one of the oldest in Nigeria. World famous Statesmen among them Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Dr. Akanu Ibiam and Dr. M.I. Okpara all of blessed memories brought recognition and prominence to Commerce and Industry in the home territory of the Chamber. The annual domestic trade fairs which the Chamber hosted for several years were highly rated in organization and business performance and earned her the qualification to become the third Centre for International Trade Fairs in Nigeria in the year 1989. This ingenuity backed by experience is evident in the rising popularity and success of the Enugu International Trade Fairs and has rightly earned the Chamber, the sobriquet: CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN BUSINESS.
- The Fair puts the spotlight on the world's most populous black nation and one of Africa's richest countries, exposing and promoting the vast business and investment opportunities in the country. With a population of about 170 million people, huge oil wealth (6' world oil producer) and abundant natural resources, Nigeria unarguably offers an irresistible market and investment opportunity. The Enugu International Trade Fair offers a GATEWAY and opportunity to capture this market.
- The Fair is planned to fit into and facilitate the national master plan for the transformation of the economy through its promotion and focus on the economic policies of the Federal Government.
- In reciprocation, the Fair is fully supported by the Nigerian government and is usually well patronized by numerous government agencies in search of new products, services, inventions and investment proposals.
- The Fair usually is staged between MARCH and APRIL of every year to provide you the market at which to test, launch or re-launch new products, services or ideas early in the year. It also provides opportunities to identify the emerging trends in business in the New Year. This as you know is very important for effective business planning and success in the year. Surely, there is a definite advantage in exhibiting at NIGERIA'S BIGGEST AND BEST ORGANISED FAIR.
- Famous for it's large coal deposits and the mining activities, Enugu enjoys two unique advantages. One is a summer-like weather from late January to May (the period of the Fair) characterized by long days, cherry mornings, mildly sunny noon and cool breezy evenings. The socio-political climate is stable and relaxed and the crime rate, one of the lowest among the major cities in the country. There is cheap and reliable transport network including an International airport and railway terminus. Indeed, Enugu is one of the few cities in Nigeria where you can do business in utmost comfort and relaxation. This you will discover at the 33RD INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR.